Boldly traveling to new places, doing new things, and finding frogs along the way.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Week With Doctrinal Friends

6/27/11 to 7/3/11

The week spent at Mary’s place was fantastic and just what I needed before spending three months away from most anyone.  I was able to sleep in every day as late as I wanted, had home cooked meals every night, and hung out with fantastic friends!  Mary and her husband live in a place north of Sacramento with their two young kids, in what seems to be a good neighborhood and where they have grass in their backyard.  J  Mary’s kids are also really nice and fun to be around.  I would go with Mary to drop her kids off at karate, and we would get Starbucks and chat or go to a local used book store.  One day she and I had some fantastic Thai food (my first!) for lunch and then shopped around for some odds and ends I needed for my Sequoia job. 

The best part about the week is that Mary and her family listen to Bible doctrine, and we did class every day.  I was also able to talk with Mary about things and know that she and I were on the same page since we both study Bible doctrine, and it was wonderful being around someone like that for an entire week, especially since I have been so isolated from fellowship with like-minded believers for the past year (or so it seems) and will likely be isolated again for the next three months.  It was truly wonderful – I had a great and relaxing week, and hope to visit them again in the next three months.

The second best part about the week was Mary's cat - a little Siamese kitten named Momo, who was/is just adorable.  While he spent the nights with Mary, in the morning he would come to my room, rub his face against mine, and then want to play.  We played numerous games of "attack the hand" and I thoroughly enjoyed adoring him as much as possible.  

Momo playing peek-a-boo

Momo just being cute

Momo taking a nap
On July 3rd I left Mary’s place and picked up my friend Kara from the Sacramento Airport before going to Sam’s place again in Groveland.  Kara, Sam and I all know each other from Arizona, and Kara was already planning to fly in to visit Sam while she was in Ca.  It really worked out well for me to pick Kara up on my way back!  Along the way we picked up groceries so that we wouldn’t have to eat out during the holiday weekend, which I think really saved us a bit of money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment