Boldly traveling to new places, doing new things, and finding frogs along the way.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

First Week - Gill Net Mending

Just a quick note while I am in town (Three Rivers) and have internet service.  I got to the Park safely on Sunday.  I stopped by my boss's house on the way to get the key to where I'm living and not only got invited to dinner but also got to meet my field partner, Christi, who had also just stopped by to get a key.  Monday I got to meet my other boss, Issac, and got to say hi to another frog crew member, Sean, who was also on the frog crew last year too.  We mended gill nets yesterday and today, and will mend more tomorrow.  Lots and lots of gill net mending, but at least this much won't have to be done in the field.  We've mended 25 nets so far.

Christi seems nice, and we will hopefully/probably work well this summer.  She has some extensive field work experience, rock climbs, and is very enthusiastic about hiking and experiencing nature.  She doesn't watch TV or movies though, so that is a very minor drawback.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment