Boldly traveling to new places, doing new things, and finding frogs along the way.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Millpond Music Festival 2011 - Sept 16-18

Last weekend fell on the same weekend of the Millpond Music Festival, at Millpond Park, just north of Bishop.  This is a music festival with a lot of folk-music type of bands, though there was an awesome marimba band and Los Lobos played Sunday night, which was pretty cool.  I think my favorite bands were the Marimba one, Poor Man's Whiskey, Incendio, and Mumbo Gumbo. 

We all camped at Millpond, and we unwittingly set up a tent, a sleeping tarp and a kiddie pool in the family area, which turned out ok (we did all our noisy talking at the music area, and not at camp), except in the morning when all the little kids would get up early and wake us up with their playing.  Yes, we bought an inflatable kiddie pool, filled it up at a gas station, and drove it to Millpond strapped on top of El Freezin's car.  To fill this pool, we ended up taking a couple dozen trips to the lake with an action packer - quite a feat!

Each night was spent dancing to the bands as they played, which was a blast.  The first night a guy from Yosemite (El Freezin knew him) was my dance partner, and he called me pretty - making the first guy to call me that other than my dad.  It was a good moment. 

Remember the former coworker of my Partner, who ended up coming to the Center Basin party?  He decided he would go to Millpond to hang out with the "Frog Girls," and showed up Saturday.  I ditched Friday's guy for this guy, whose pseudonym will be "Tern" due to a former bird job of his.  Tern and I danced Saturday and Sunday night, and I had a blast hanging out with him.  Being with Tern at the music festival definately made the event extra special (and he also called me pretty - second guy ever!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment